Monday, January 20, 2014

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!

So, I hope you had a nice weekend! Mine was pretty fun, actually. Went out with two of my favorite people on Friday evening (calm down, they are women friends) and we had a lovely dinner at a restaurant in Salem, MA called the Naumkeag Ordinary.

Odd name to those that don't live around here, I realize. The Naumkeag tribe were the Native Americans who inhabited this area originally. If you're interested, here's a short blurb on the Naumkeag people.

Annnyway, the food there is delicious and flavorful and it's just a really cozy little restaurant. I've been there three times now and have had three great meals! Yaay for that! Here's a link to their menu, if you're interested - I had the Arugula Salad (to die for and it was HUGE) and then had the Salmon in Beurre Blanc. I do like me a good Beurre Blanc. Yumm.

Friday was also my Mom's un-birthday. She is not liking the age she is, so that's too bad, but anyway, Happy Birthday to my Momma!

After we had dinner we decided to get our drink on (I make it sound like I'm some big partier! Hah!), so we ended up going to another bar/restaurant place downtown and ended up staying for a few hours! There were mens there and one of my friends, who shall remain nameless, but you know who you are (!) was a bit flirty shall we say and so he and his friends ended up at our table! They were nice guys and it was just a really pleasant evening overall.

I've also been enjoying the cooking again as part of this wonderful thing that it is to feel okay! So, I've been cooking up a storm recently! Some of the things I've made recently: pasta puttanesca (so good), mushroom crust quiche with kale, tomatoes, onion, gruyere and parmesan cheese (SO good), zucchini latkes, and cabbage soup with garlic, onion, celery and carrots. I do love me a good cabbage soup.

After a pretty good snowstorm last week, it's all pretty much melted and has been rather pleasant in the temperature department, so I was able to get out on some good walks last week. Four walks! It's such a gift in the winters here when we get these moderate weather periods. So lovely.

So, next up, I'm gonna do my "homework" and do a post on the SAG awards. I never did get to see the entire broadcast, but I've seen my good share of the dresses recently. Or not dresses, as it were. Did you see the ugly jumpsuit that Julia Roberts wore? Holy mother of UGLY! You have to see it:



Sorta like a pink Gumby! 

Okay. More snarky comments to follow as I gather photos and my wits. Ciao for now.

Oh, one more thing. Here's your deep thought for today - sent to me from my most excellent friend, Hank: 

A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum Blownapart.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't see the SAG awards but I thought this dress might make the "WTF" list. I'm a Broncos fan but you wouldn't catch me wearing this!
    http://www.9news.com/news/article/374037/188/Broncos-gown-steals-the-show-at-Screen-Actors-Guild-Awards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recipe request. They all sound good, but could you/would you start with the Cabbage Soup?
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete