Google+ Followers

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sick sick and then some!

Hiya.

I realize I have not been so bloggy of late. Well, I got pretty sick there for a while. I'm still left with a nasty head cold, but am feeling MUCH better after sleeping and sleeping and then I slept for a while and then I FINALLY got some sleep.

Yesterday was also a bit of a crazy thing - I awoke to the sound of the fire alarms sounding in the building (I'm living in a place with 5 condos that are all inside one of the prettiest historic buildings in town). Anywho, the fire alarms were going off, and there was no fire LUCKILY, however the alarm went off because there was something amiss in the alarm system.

What was wrong, you ask? Well, it turns out one of the pipes in the system had broken - ruptured from freezing with the ridiculously cold temperatures we've been having. And because yesterday was relatively warm (it got up to 38 degrees), the ice inside the pipe finally melted and let me tell you:

Broken pipe + melted water = FLOOD!

The entire contents of all of the pipes in the entire building emptied onto the floor of the lower level of this condo. Yep. Gallons of water per second, GUSHING from the ceiling of my roommate's bathroom. Oh, yes! It was a fine time.

Needless to say, the fire department had to come, shut off the water, check for fire everywhere and then the reality of what happened settled in! Let me ask you to imagine - every single thing that is on your floor right now? Furniture, bags, shoes, boxes, rugs, vases, decorations, plants, whatever...ALL of it has to come up off the floor! Oh, it's a smashing good time!

So, I was sick and pooped and had to help with whatever needed to get done. I was pretty lucky. My room was the least of it. My roommate lost LOADS of paperwork, files, ALL of her clothes got soaked (her main closet is part of the bathroom and the leak was centered right there in her closet). It basically sucked the big suck.

A cleaning crew came in and sucked up whatever water they could, and there are currently three GIANT dehumidifiers and about 12 giant fans all over the lower floor attempting to dry everything out. It's sort of like being in a windy sauna!

Anywho, it could have been far worse. No one got hurt, nobody died, we have heat, electricity and running water - they only had to shut the water off to the sprinkler system, so it's really okay. Not fun, but okay.

So, that's my world for the last few days. Wheee!

I'll leave you with some fine puns that my good friend Hank sent me today. He's always good for a pun! Enjoy:


·  I tried to catch some fog.  I mist.
 
·  When chemists die, they barium.
 
·  Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.
 
·  A soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.
 
·  I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop any time.
 
·  How does Moses make his tea?  Hebrews it.
 
·  I stayed up all night to see where the sun went.  Then it dawned on me.
 
·  This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met herbivore.
 
·  I'm reading a book about anti-gravity.  I can't put it down.
 
·  I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words .
 
·  They told me I had type A blood, but it was a type-O.
 
·  This dyslexic man walks into a bra .
 
·  I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.
 
·  A cross-eyed teacher lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils.
 
·  When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble.
 
·  What does a clock do when it's hungry?  It goes back four seconds.
 
·  I wondered why the ball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!
 
·  Broken pencils are pointless.
 
·  What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary?  A thesaurus.
 
·  England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.
 
·  I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.
 
·  I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.
 
·  All the toilets in London police stations have been stolen. Police say they have nothing to go on.
 
·  I took the job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.
 
·  Velcro - what a rip off!
 
·  Cartoonist found dead in home. Details are sketchy.



1 comment:

  1. If it was I and I wasn't already sick.... I'd Be Sick! ISYN!
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete